Wednesday, 21 October 2015

The Emaciated Student

I'm always on the lookout for copyright-free images to use on the blog.  Very occasionally I'll secret squirrel one in that isn't legit but always feel terribly guilty. Experience has taught me that I'm not cut out to be anything but squeaky clean and upfront.  It causes too much angst to be anything other.

So I was delighted to find out that the British Library has released an enormous and fascinating bundle of free to use pictures from its collection.  I'm not sure if this one demonstrates the effects of  too much book learning or if it serves as a warning against the excesses of student life. No matter.  It made me giggle!

8 comments:

  1. I looked just like that when I was a student ( perhaps a bit skinnier). 35 years later I look exactly the same. More to do with genes than being bookish I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reckon most of us were skinnier as students!

      Delete
  2. What a great photo resource - thank you so much for sharing this. Coming from a family of cyclists, I have loved looking at all the vintage bicycle pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't see any images on that link, Flickr says that it is aware of the problem and is fixing it. Was it because everyone read about it here, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was up and working again when I tried it. Enormous streams of traffic from my blog maybe?! (In my dreams) xx

      Delete
  4. I quite often half-inch a picture from Google Images; sometimes it just disappears, on other occasions I've received a sharp rebuke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bit of a fear about being told off stemming from over violent reactions to naughtiness from teachers at my 1970s junior school.

      Delete