Anyway here's the 'recipe'
- Open a can of tinned tomatoes whilst making Masoor Dal and realise that you've opened a tin of butter beans instead. Where's that mindfulness stuff when you need it? Store in fridge for couple of days.
- Realise that you've got to use up butter beans before they grow legs so drain and shove in a bright pink bowl.
- Add a tin of chopped anchovies and halved cherry tomatoes. There! That's the original recipe as far as I remember it.
- Have another butchers in the fridge. There's bound to be some leftovers in there. Cut up a slice of grilled halloumi, halve a few olives and add that in as well.
- Herbs! There's masses growing on my window sill. It's like a jungle. Okay I'm exaggerating. It's just a mini one that might be suited to some Lego animals perhaps. I buy those pots from the supermarket and shove them all together in a dish of water. They keep for an age and bring the garden inside! A good bunch of chopped parsley is a nice addition here.
- Finally squeeze in the juice from a very wrinkly lemon that had been lying low in the veg compartment, a good glug of olive oil and salt and pepper. I gave it a good mix with my hands.
- Eat! It was scrummy.