Monday, 9 November 2015

Go Raiders!

I am a little horse!  No let's spell that right for I do not have a swishy tail and four hooves.  I am hoarse from cheering for the Plymouth Raiders. For the first time in years I went to a basketball game, Lou's first ever. It'll be an experience that we'll be repeating sometime soon.

Bless Sugar Plumb for organising us all.  She bought a stack of family tickets costing a bargain £8 each. Not bad for Premier League sport. It puts those football clubs that charge more than an arm and a leg for admission to shame.  That meant a big gaggle of kids and adults populated Rows HH and JJ of Plymouth Pavilions  Sensibly Lou sat as far away as possible from me. I reckon he knew that I could get a bit excitable and that's pretty embarrassing for a boy approaching teenage years.  It was probably for the best.  Along with one of the other mums, I whooped like a good 'un and danced in my seat along with the cheerleaders.  Oh dear!

Here's the kids with Foxy, the team mascot and the gang's unanimously voted favourite player Josh Wilcher.  That guy is nifty.

This was family entertainment at its best. Heck  I don't even like spectator sport! It was nail biting stuff. After a decent first half the Raiders lost it a bit.  If I were their coach I would have been saying 'Don't try so many of those shots from so far back!'  But what do I know?  In the end with seconds to spare and the opponents, Glasgow Rocks, leading 74-72, Corletto the Raider's player coach popped one of the long ones  in the hoop for three points.  Our team won for the first time this season.  It must have been because us lot were there to cheer them on!

4 comments:

  1. I was fortunate to see the Harlem globetrotters live once - great stuff! So fast moving and exciting nothing like much of the sport I endure as Mr D LOVES all things sport!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have seen them. And you've brought back memories of the cartoons of the Harlem Globetrotters from my childhood! x

      Delete
  2. I used to watch the Harlem Globetrotters on TV in black and white...

    ReplyDelete