Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Poirot's Place

Photo: Evelyn Simak
Just in the nick of time before I collapsed in a big fat heat, a week’s leave has come around.  Phew!   It may have been sensible to use the time to decorate but I’m not one for staying at home when it’s holiday time.  A healthy thread of wanderlust steeps through my soul.  It's too strong to be ignored.  So yesterday I drove and drove and drove, the first time ever that I’ve filled a car’s petrol tank twice in a day.  Three hundred and seventy miles later which included a slight detour to Bristol IKEA,  I  arrived at my brother’s new Norfolk home.


Wow!  It’s a historic house with beams in the gorgeous Reepham. I didn't have time to take photographs last night. The light was fading. So I've nicked this one from Wikipedia and also found out that a Poirot episode was filmed here, hence today's title.  No doubt I'll discover more on my wanderings around the area in the next few days.



5 comments:

  1. I love the greengrocer's shop in Reepham called Meloncaulie Rose. There's a lovely little ladies knitting group who meet and knit for charity in the library. I think that Hilary Mantel, author of Wolf Hall lived in Reepham at one point too. Market Day is wednesday - but you will discover that I am sure. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the sign.
    So wonderful.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wiki is my friend! It says that the sign was made by school kids in the 1990s.

      Delete
  3. I've been to Reepham, but can't remember much about it. My goodness you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete