Monday, 16 November 2015

Roll On 'Nice' DIY

'I'm going upstairs to do some stripping'.  I told Lou the other day.  He looked rather alarmed until it dawned on him that I meant removing wallpaper rather than clothes. Phew!  Naked parent alert averted!  The current DIY project is painting the landing which will be my crafting space.  It's a pivotal job in finally creating some semblance of order in the house.  Once it's done I'll put up shelves and be able to transform my second bedroom from junk room extraordinaire to calm inviting guest room.  Hopefully it'll be ready for December when Mama and Papa Lovelygrey are planning to stay.

The jobs that I'm prioritising around the house are mundane but necessary.  Yet I'm looking forward to having the time for more frivolous and beautifying projects.  Like mosaic hearths for example as the downstairs ones are missing tiles.  I also want to go to classes to make stained glass windows for the side of the house and a funky metalwork gate for my garden.

And yesterday I came across this.  It's been added to my crafting 'To Do' list.  I would love to build a little communal  library outside my front door like this one for my neighbourhood.   Now that's what I really call a home improvement.

7 comments:

  1. I've seen these before; what a wonderful community spirit they demonstrate; as long as they're not abused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some of these in the town near me. I think it's a great idea and would love one too but I live close the local library and the little scally wags round here would throw the books down the street.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call them "Free Little Libraries" and we have several in our town and at my workplace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends has a free library in front of their house. There are several in her town. I think they are wonderful and some of the designs are so imaginative.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen old telephone boxes converted like that. A jolly good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you all like it. May have to get building sooner than later! x

    ReplyDelete