Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Braving the Flood

There are lows on this rollercoaster of life.   I will remind my readers that it would not be right if I was always the perky person that I normally portray myself as here. Maybe the darker times occur to teach us lessons,  pull us together and act as a  contrast for all that is good so that it seems even better? Behind the scenes there is quite a bit of sadness, someone close who is very poorly and healing at all sorts of levels that is slow to happen.

I've said before that I do not share every aspect of my life with an online audience.  Some experiences remain precious secrets, my own and other people's troubles are not disclosed and dirty linen isn't aired in public, or indeed all over Facebook!  So today, instead of in depth exposure of personal lives I give you frippery.

When it comes to ornamentation I normally go large.  See the big fish necklace that I'm wearing in my profile picture.  The arty stuff I have around the home too tends to be in your face pieces that make a statement and are hard to miss.  I hope you get the idea.

On Saturday afternoon in Brixham I was banished to wander the charity shops whilst Lou went and bought my Christmas present in Sam's Soaps and More, a friendly place and a locally run source of all things wonderful and fragrant.  This tiny trinket box caught my eye.  At 3x2" it goes completely against the normal grain, and even though a bit of the paintwork is flaky, I love it.  Now it sits on my bedside table, a reminder of a constantly changing life where there is always hope.  Those flood waters will ease eventually.

14 comments:

  1. Hi
    This would not be any kind of life if we did not experience low's in all their shapes and forms as they keep us forever aware of the ever changing nature of this beautiful life. However I hope whatever you are going through at present does not lower your mood too much and I wish you both a lovely Christmas. I love your little trinket box too. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things are definitely sent to try us, but I agree that they make us appreciate the good things all the more. I've needed an ark myself over the last 8 weeks and know that there will be more rain to come with this latest thing due to its chronic nature. I'm trying to look ahead though, and a visit to Devon in 2016 is on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look out for an ark for you. It would be lovely to see you again in 2016 xxx

      Delete
  3. I quite expect Noah and his Arc looked EXACTLY like that. I certainly recognised Noah himself at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little ornament is certainly appealing to me. We are all adrift at some stage, but there is always a route to escape, if we can find it. God bless you for being a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as well! My role is around supporting others so I do personally have respite. For them it's harder x

      Delete
  5. Love the ornament in a kitsch kind of way! Life is always a mix isn't it. Like you blogging is a heavily edited version of my real life and as you know FB is for my trivia witterings only. Hope you feel brighter soon.
    Arilxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might not know this but I am petrified of cows. LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT COW IN THAT ARK!!
    You hit the nail on the head with this post. Love sent from one with equal behind the scenes darkness X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have failed the first part of your graded exposure therapy. I'll have to find a smaller cow for you to overcome your fear more slowly! xx

      Delete
    2. I will take NO part in further therapy!

      Delete
    3. Go on, go on, you know you it's good for you.

      Delete