Saturday, 12 December 2015

Cosy Friday

Hurrah!  Even though I've had rather a cracking week at work I'm glad to see the weekend's come around.  I'm exhausted.    So it was good to have a snuggly evening with blankies yesterday in front of the telly. No fancy cooking either.  Just a supermarket three cheese pizza with some extra bacon lardons and yes, more cheese.  It was not at all healthy but extraordinarily yummy.  We can't be Martha Stewart all the time can we?

Louis has just introduced me to Russell Howard's Good News.  As you see he finds it hilarious.  Now I'm not a regular TV viewer.  I don't have time. Even so, I'm not sure how this very entertaining programme has passed me by.  It's into its eighth series already.  For those of you who may as well be inhabiting another planet with no access to BBC networks this is a comedic look at the stories dominating the news.  It's irreverent, rude and sweary.  'Hardly viewing for a twelve year old then!' some of you may be saying.  But I disagree.  There's nothing there that Lou hasn't been subjected to in the playground.  In fact I'm happy to let him watch it as it opens up discussion about current affairs and helps Louis form ideas of his own that will shape the way that he interacts with the world now and in the future.  I'm pleased to know that he already abhors inequality, injustice and violence as much as I do. 

9 comments:

  1. A good laugh does you good! We are re watching Peter Kay's car share. It has us howling!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's on my list too. Might reward myself with an episode or two after decorating today x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry gremlin strikes again. Or maybe fat fingers on my phone. Oops! xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys I think I've come across Last Leg briefly. I'll give it a try when and if I have a mo'. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watch (with our lads who are a little older) Russell Howard - he has just a keen eye and seems to balance humour with hard hitting comment and always manages to find a good story - we as a family love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! Someone on the same wavelength as well. Thanks for dropping by and commenting x

      Delete