Thursday, 31 December 2015

Gift Beyond The Gift

This is what I got for Christmas from Louis.  It came with 'Little Hotties', wax discs impregnated with various fragrances which burn in the top from the heat of a nightlight.  There was also a menu suggesting ways of combining them so that you can create cocktails of smells.

Now small boys are pyromaniacs with a primal attraction towards anything involving a flame.  At 6am the other day I woke to the sound of  gas being lit downstairs.  My first thoughts were that a hungry burglar was down there. Seconds later my son burst in.  He'd set his alarm so that he could pop an infuser next to my bed and waft a cinnamon/coffee combo over me! I'm suspecting, given Louis' enthusiasm for experimentation, that this is really a present to himself.  Maybe the exact nature of my gift is seeing him so happy and occupied.  For someone whose philosophy on life is based around the meaning of doing, this is very precious indeed.


8 comments:

  1. I love his gift ethos ! Though maybe have him revisit a fire safety talk lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and highly original!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely, what a smashing lad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this just made my day! The best gifts are those that can be shared with otheres, so he met that to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New year old bean , hoping 2016 will be a cracker xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise boy (and wise mum). Best wishes for the coming year, and beyond. Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift! Louis must be ultra thoughtful. Or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is ultra thoughtful most of the time....can't seem to crack leaving sweet wrappers strewn all over the house thought. It drives me mad! x

      Delete