Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Mad Wall Wish List

Louis has named the place near the telly where I hang an eclectic mixture of bits and bobs 'The Mad Wall'.  It's evolved since you last saw it. There's all sorts up there now: Plastic, wood, fabric,  a mixture of media  that seems to work.  All least it does in my eyes.   I'll show it off again soon once I'm home to take a photo at a time that when it's light. That's the problem with this time of year. Both my journeys to and from work are in darkness.  I feel a bit like a pit pony.

I'm so pleased with the effect that I'll be creating 'Mad Wall 2' in my bedroom, another attempt to liven up its dour white palette.  My hunt for more interesting artefacts is on around the house, in shops and outside to see what nature can gift me.  Even though they're outside my usual budget (nearly non-existent!) I'm rather taken by these Poochies side plates by Carola Van Dyke, who came to my attention when a meal was served to me on one of these the other day.  They make a change from boring white porcelain and would be a dead good fit  interspersed with other wacky finds.   Their patchwork nature could suit a patchwork wall.    Go to  the website and take a look at the fantastic line of 'textile taxidermy' too.  It's much less macabre than a stuffed dead animal!

5 comments:

  1. What fun. I saw something very similar with felted animal heads down in Brighton earlier this year. Much better than gruesome hunting "trophies".
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun. I want the Scotty !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the spaniel.

    I saw something in a hotel somewhere... it was a tall glass jar or vase, filled with pebbles and stones that had been painted and had writing on each one. and mixed in was fairy lights. I would like to recreate it myself somewhere. it was super effective with the metalic painted stones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the spaniel.

    I saw something in a hotel somewhere... it was a tall glass jar or vase, filled with pebbles and stones that had been painted and had writing on each one. and mixed in was fairy lights. I would like to recreate it myself somewhere. it was super effective with the metalic painted stones.

    ReplyDelete