Sunday, 27 December 2015

The Art of Hart




Boxing Day:  Red Mel invited me to stay with her in Bristol but I declined her kind invitation.  I'll be seeing her later in the week anyway and one day of stuffing my face is quite enough.  Instead I thought I'd take the opportunity afforded by a long weekend to crack on with decorating the landing.  Once that's done, the spare room can be cleared ready to receive guests, crafting can start, full harmony will be restored!  It's got to be worth it.

Barbie Nurse and her husband Dave have recently moved in just four doors down.  They spied me, as they went to walk their dog, Lola on the green.  She's Louis' new best friend and he borrows her sometimes.  All the benefits of pet ownership without the responsibility or expense.  I gave the three of them  a wave.  There was  an Adam Ant effect going down on my cheek and one of my palms was completely covered in white vinyl silk.   I'm afraid I'm a messy mare when it comes to DIY.   I opened the window with the hand that was (relatively) paint free.  'Who do you think you are?' called Dave.  'Tony Hart!'.  I think he got it wrong.  Tony Hart was much, much tidier when being creative than I'll ever be.  I'd forgotten, until I found this clip again,  quite how clever that man was.

6 comments:

  1. PS I like it that you post every day…even over Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if I deleted your other comment Frances. It seems that fiddling with my blog on my mobile causes upstead apologies if that happened. Thank you for your kind words. x

      Delete
    2. Yes, other comment has gone! I find that I can't easily comment using iPhone. on some blogs I would write a comment, go to" publish" and it asks me to log in to google account…..when I have done that, the comment has disappeared, so I only comment when I am on the main computer.

      Delete
  2. I loved Morph too. Tony Hart was an inspirational artist and I used to love his programme along with Blue Peter.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony Hart annoyed me, I always thought he was treating people as brainless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that I don't really remember him too much from a personality perspective. It was just the whacky art that sticks. x

      Delete