Friday, 29 January 2016

A Little Lie Down: Anywhere!!!!




Usually I'm pretty immune to the lure of the marketing man as he throws images of a whole load of gizmos and gadgets my way.  It's rare that anything tempts me.  My interest has been  slightly piqued by those fitness bands that track sleep and activity levels but it's definitely a want rather than a need. Not a priority at all.  And anyway my exercise regime is still on standby.  My dodgy knee is still not playing ball.  It swells underneath just with regular daytime activity and there's a big bruise that's come out of nowhere. I am exasperated and slightly sad.

Perhaps my need to rest up is why the Lamzac Hangout has got my attention.  It's a big inflatable cushion  that's folds down nicely into its own  13.8 x 7" bag.  Weighing just 2.7lb it's definitely portable. The Dutch name is derived from the word 'lazy'.  Now that's the ticket!  The nice man in the video shows that can be filled with air in seconds to make a handy sofa or lounger.   The inventors give assurances that it's just as easy to put away.

Now here's a  recently developed product which really would have a multitude of uses  in my own life. They don't come along everyday.  It's given me loads of ideas.   For example, it could provide extra seating inside the home when there's a crowd and would be a great alternative to bulky loungers in the garden.  Lengthy waits at airports could be far more comfortable and of course there's multiple possibilities for camping trips, hikes and at festivals.  Stranglers, that woman lying down at the front of the stage when you headline at  Chagstock will be me!  I've also thought that lunchtimes could be enhanced if I carried it in the car and set it up for  a little snooze at some of those beauty spots that I come across on my travels around the South Hams.   Mini siestas to break up a working day would go down a treat.

I'm sold!  Give me two for I know a little man who likes chillin' who'd be interested in one as well. He'd nick mine if I don't buy him his own.  Sadly demand has outstripped supply so I've had to register my interest on a mailing list to find out when they're available again.  I'm hoping that it will be quite soon!

7 comments:

  1. Well it definitely looks easy to set up, though not if in a crowd! I think you would have to lie quite still to avoid rolling off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They would be brilliant for camping
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be bound to fall off the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with the others, doesn't look very stable, I would roll off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it deflate, very slowly? Or worst, very quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly hope it would be stable and wouldn't deflate. Follow this link to view a scenario where this would be rather worrying if this were the case. http://lamzac.com/lamzac-shams/

    I was right about my fear that Louis might pinch mine. He's asked for one for his birthday. Sadly the release date for the next batch isn't in time. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this would solve the problem of me not having enough furniture and then hiding it away to make the space not look cluttered.

    ReplyDelete