Monday, 25 January 2016

Pinky Rings

I'm not a big souvenir buyer. Memories and photos are mostly enough to remind me of my travels. But I did want to bring home a few bits and pieces from our extra special trip to the US and Canada last year. There was a lovely KT and Paul print from the market on Granville island Vancouver, some touristy stuff from Yellowstone and these silver rings that I found in a store in Seattle.  I wear them on my right hand pinky and whenever they catch my attention they bring back beautiful memories.

They're designed by Amy Peters who inscribes her pieces with inspirational sayings.  I was very taken by the band with the words 'It's not the destination, it's the journey'.  Just the thing for a women with wanderlust and a passion for metaphor. The other,  'Love You To The Moon.....'. of course quoting Nutbrown Hare, was chosen by Louis.  Handily he'd forgotten to bring his wallet on the trip.  'You have to buy that one' he told me. 'If I had my money I'd have bought it for you.  You'll just have to pretend it's from me.'  I do.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely boy your Louis is. Clever too, forgetting his money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seemed to get plenty of souvenirs of his own. I'm a soft touch. x

      Delete
  2. I remember flying back from Miami, back in the 80's, and all the Brits on board (apart from me) were wearing piles of foam rubber Stetsons on their heads; some had as many as ten. Your souvenirs are far more tasteful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't abide tat. It's such a waste of money and must destroy the souls of those who have to produce it. x

      Delete
  3. They are adorable and clever Louis to buy you a present with your own money! Clever little soul! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to forget my purse next time he wants a present! x

      Delete
  4. I bought a ring when we first went to the black hills, and loved it for the same reason. Camping, hiking, nature,great vacation over 18 years ago. Then my daughter wanted to borrow it for something when she was 15 or so, and I never got it back!She still wears it daily so I guess it was a darn good souvenir for someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely story. I'm hoping to treasure my rings for that long.x

      Delete
  5. I do like pinky rings though I wear only one, and that on my left hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long fingers and quite large hands so need to go chunky as far as rings are concerned. x

      Delete