Thursday, 28 January 2016

Pop Star in the Car!




This is cheesy, beautifully crafted, retro pop at its best.  I've finally worked out how you'd describe my singing style.  It's falsetto!  I can keep perfect pitch with these boys as I  join in with all the warbly bits. I found this out the other day during a rather enthusiastic little session after a  particularly gruelling day at work in a mental health team.   A proper little  disco in the car all the way from Totnes to Brixham.   All I was missing was a disco ball and a sequinned boob tube.

I only curbed my enthusiasm a bit when I drew up next to a police car at traffic lights.  I didn't fancy explaining how exuberant musical participation does not preclude paying attention to the road or. like another friend who was stopped in similar circumstances being told that the only crime  committed was her singing.  Surely that would have ruined the illusion that yes, I could indeed have been the fourth Bee Gee!

10 comments:

  1. I thought Andy was the fourth BeeGee. Memories-loved belting out all those songs from my childhood. Barry-so handsome. All that hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to muscle Andy out! Oh okay. Maybe I'll settle for fifth. x

      Delete
  2. Andy was never part of Bee Gees band tho so u could maybe claim that title altho I too can sing like a Bee Gee and I'm closer in age so I'll fight you for it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes I don't do fighting! Could we do a duet? x

      Delete
  3. I only sing when I am in the car, as my voice is not up to much. I have been singing to the latest Elvis album…the one with the orchestra, which is growing on me more every time I listen to it! We had a load of brand new ones given to the Oxfam book shop where I do a shift, and we sold them for £4.99 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tried a little impromptu Elvis singing and can't manage to imitate him to my own ?high standards. Will stick to the Gibb Brothers! x

      Delete
  4. My hubby would love you! He 'kills' lots of disco and eighties classics on his way to work! I swear he has nore collection of his journey though - autopilot and 'singing' gets him to and from work :)
    I have a worse habit of singing with earphones in so even I can't hear how awful it sounds :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have broken out into song whilst wearing earphones during runs. Poor passers-by! x

      Delete
  5. I was going to say Andy sometimes sang....but Sam beat me to it ! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last Monday I was driving behind a cyclist who was singing at the top of his voice (with earphones attached).

    ReplyDelete