Friday, 12 February 2016

A Good Bunch

Cro at Magnon's Meanderings recently inspired me to spill the beans on what I lug around in my handbag.  He recently shared what was on his keyring.  'Another good idea! ' I thought. I am not adverse to snitching ideas  to avoid writer's block, that thing of a daily blogger's nightmare.  Here's my jingly stash. It kept a toddler at the GP surgery rather amused yesterday. First, the boring bit.

  • House keys x 3:  The front door one and two for around the back of the house.  I'm not sure why I've carry the whole blooming set around since I've moved in.  This exercise may force me to revise this.
  • The electronic fob for Leif, my little green froggy Skoda.  It's pretty identical to the one for my colleague's VW.  In an absent minded moment I nearly nicked his keys as a consequence the other day.
  • Keys at two and five o' clock belong to Klaus the Knaus.  The big'un is the ignition one and the other gives access to the living space and all his exterior nooks and crannies.  I keep them on there so I can pop into the motorhome if needed.
Moving on to the stuff that would be of no interest to a locksmith whatsoever:
  • A keyring from the ski school at Soldeu.  My ex-husband 'won' it early in the '90s in a race where he demolished the finishing poles.  I really must return it one day.
  • A bottle opener.  How that got on there I'll never know. It's staying though.  A girl never knows when she might need the sustenance of a good beer!
  • Arachnophobes beware!  There's a silver spider at one o' clock.  Eeeek!  He was bought on Exeter Quay years and years ago and is made out of nails.   He was more realistic when I bought him as he was covered with  a black plastic coating.
  • A token for a supermarket trolley:  Salty Dog gave it to me, a freebie from a Boat Show that she thoughtfully gifted on.  
Cro's little stash seemed to contain a number of 'lucky charms' whereas there's nothing on my jangly bunch to encourage good fortune through magical means.  Now there's a situation that I might have to remedy!

11 comments:

  1. My key ring is huge with keys and bits and bobs. I really need to sort it out as the whole bunch is becoming far too heavy to take out of the house. Talking about writers block I've mentioned this before I struggle writing something weekly let alone every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re: Writer's block. I've got in the mindset over the,years of actively seeking things to blog about as I go through daily life. I maintain a,list of possible subjects when they come up. Even so actually translating an idea into words can be difficult sometimes. x

      Delete
  2. I've keys on my key ring that I have no idea what they are for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much of a declutterer for that. Louis has about 20 keyrings and two keys, one of each parents house. I nearly got a hernia when I lifted his blazer up the other day!x

      Delete
  3. Mine has a lot of receipts, and trash-not garbage, but old papers ad things I just shove in after I read them quick. It is very cluttered. I don't keep keys as I would be stretched to find them in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My handbag gets like that. I have to have a little sort out often! x

      Delete
  4. A girl after my own heart then - I have a bottle opener in my bag having once been caught out without one and having to implode the cork to get to the wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly don't know how it got there. Perhaps it turned up in a brain addled beery moment! x

      Delete
  5. The supermarket trolly coin is a standard these days. A few years back no-one would have known what it was. The small bottle opener is a good idea; I'd need a miniature corkscrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my 'emergency wine' will have to be screwcapped! x

      Delete
  6. When the ignition had to be replaced in my car the repairman asked me to see my key ring. Once he saw it he told me the weight of all the keys and various items was the reason for the ignition failing. Since that time I have only what's necessary on my key ring.

    ReplyDelete