Cro at Magnon's Meanderings recently inspired me to spill the beans on what I lug around in my handbag. He recently shared what was on his keyring. 'Another good idea! ' I thought. I am not adverse to snitching ideas to avoid writer's block, that thing of a daily blogger's nightmare. Here's my jingly stash. It kept a toddler at the GP surgery rather amused yesterday. First, the boring bit.
Cro's little stash seemed to contain a number of 'lucky charms' whereas there's nothing on my jangly bunch to encourage good fortune through magical means. Now there's a situation that I might have to remedy!
- House keys x 3: The front door one and two for around the back of the house. I'm not sure why I've carry the whole blooming set around since I've moved in. This exercise may force me to revise this.
- The electronic fob for Leif, my little green froggy Skoda. It's pretty identical to the one for my colleague's VW. In an absent minded moment I nearly nicked his keys as a consequence the other day.
- Keys at two and five o' clock belong to Klaus the Knaus. The big'un is the ignition one and the other gives access to the living space and all his exterior nooks and crannies. I keep them on there so I can pop into the motorhome if needed.
Moving on to the stuff that would be of no interest to a locksmith whatsoever:
- A keyring from the ski school at Soldeu. My ex-husband 'won' it early in the '90s in a race where he demolished the finishing poles. I really must return it one day.
- A bottle opener. How that got on there I'll never know. It's staying though. A girl never knows when she might need the sustenance of a good beer!
- Arachnophobes beware! There's a silver spider at one o' clock. Eeeek! He was bought on Exeter Quay years and years ago and is made out of nails. He was more realistic when I bought him as he was covered with a black plastic coating.
- A token for a supermarket trolley: Salty Dog gave it to me, a freebie from a Boat Show that she thoughtfully gifted on.