Thursday, 18 February 2016

Medicine!

My GP and I speak as one. Prescribed drugs aren't the answer to my current situation.  After a five day course of sleeping pills didn't do the job of propelling me back from the realm of insomnia the doc felt that I needed to address the underlying causes of what was keeping me awake.  He is a sensible man.




Perhaps a break away from it all would do the trick?  Luckily I had one planned!  I've rocked up in the foothills of the Andalusian mountain to a finca with this view.  And there's two lemon trees in the garden.

It's Salty Dog's fiftieth birthday and she's hired this place.  Friends will arrive over the next couple of days but we had it to ourselves yesterday.  Although we were swathed in blankets I think that what we did yesterday afternoon counts as sunbathing.  I alternated between reading, sleeping and admiring the view.  We then went for a stroll and a glass of vino tinto in the nearest whitewashed village to here.

Today we're planning a wintery walk at a higher elevation.  There's snow in them there distant hills.  I'm hoping that being able away from home away from the responsibilities associated with normal life will supercharge the batteries.  It may be just what the doctor ordered!

15 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your break and that it does you a lot of good. Relax, breathe and just "be".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how lovely for you I'm sure it will be just what you need. Take it easy and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, just what you need. Hope it does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, just what you need. Relax and enjoy with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfect - enjoy the sunshine X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel restored. Nature, good friends, and wine-sounds like a good prescription to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely sunny break - hope you get some good rest and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds rather perfect. have lots of fun and a big rest too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy some "me" time .And the wine,always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all kind wishes. I am touched (in more ways than one!!!!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds lovely, just what the doctor ordered. I grew up in Spain, although much further north, and that photo of lemon tree is making me long for my next trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea to go away, the change of scenery will be uplifting. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do hope that the land works its magic upon you!

    ReplyDelete