Thursday, 17 March 2016

On A Star

Recently I bought one of those Fire TV Sticks from Amazon. I'm already a member of Prime and Louis and I used to watch stuff on our tablets and laptops. Now that our viewing has been transferred to the telly's slightly bigger screen, movie night is a regular occurence. That's great as it's one of the things that I wanted to do.

As a person who's also scratching around for ideas for blog posts I could review everything that we watch.  But I'm not going to do that.  It's too easy and I'm not one for making my life easy(!).  But I am going to point you in the direction of an utterly brilliant film we both watched the other night as it was so funny yet thought provoking.  I think that it's destined to be one of the memorable movies I've ever seen. There's bad language and scenes that involve misplaced sex, drugs and compulsive behaviours. The Care Bear Movie  it ain't.  Maybe it's not some people's ideas of viewing for a twelve year old. But I can't brush the uncomfortable stuff under the carpet and ignore it.  It's  been the catalyst of quite a few deep meaningful conversations initiated by my soon to be teenage son.  That's got to be a good thing. Hurry if you've got Amazon Prime membership.  For Interstate 60 is free at the moment but it says it's only available for a limited time only.

Now the person who wrote the Wikipedia review that I provided the link to above seems to really like this film,  I mean REALLY like it.  In fact they summarise the whole plot.  Don't go there if spoilers aren't your bag.  Instead I'll sum it up concisely without giving the game away.  A young bloke goes on a soul searching road trip along a fictitious US interstate as a consequence of making a wish.  Along the way he meets characters that provide much food for thought, some of whom have also had wishes granted too.  These  haven't always panned out in the positive way that they'd expected.

This film has brought back to mind the old maxim  'Be careful what you wish for.'  Funnily enough I have a spare wish that I haven't used.   I'm putting a lot of thought into the process before I use it up!

2 comments:

  1. As a retired person and having finished all of breaking bad and happy valley lol I'm always on the look out for new stuff to watch. This sounds just up my street so am going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete