Saturday, 19 March 2016

UK Pharmacies: Random Places

It is a truth universally acknowledged that, in among the lotions, potions and pills,  small pharmacies in the United Kingdom will always find room for a bunch of strange shite.  You pop in for, I don't know,  say painkillers or eye drops and you find  a bunch of  odds and sods that don't have anything to do with healthcare or beautifying yourself.  Go and have a look if you don't believe me.

I went to the GP yesterday and have been signed off again.  We discussed my persistent insomnia and have agreed to try and kick a regular sleep routine back into touch by giving sleeping tablets another go. When waiting for my prescription to be processed at the nearby chemist shop I had a snoop around. At first it appeared strange, like no other retail outlet of its genre.    All the goods on sale seemed perfectly appropriate to the setting. Something didn't seem right.

But then I found what I was looking for. Tucked away behind a pillar in a corner were  two paper lanterns,  water pistols, some misshapen rubber balls, solar garden lights, picnic blankets, battery operated fans and pots of bubbles pretending to be ice cream cones!  I somehow knew that I would not be disappointed if I searched hard enough.  These were some of the best weird pharmacy shelves that I'd ever come across!

6 comments:

  1. I just love your posts and I know I've said this before I'm impressed by how you manage to post every day. I've been back from my trip to Mexico for over a week and have not yet managed to summon the energy to post anything. I can't keep blaming it on jet lag can I lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it hard to start blogging regularly but if you want to do it enough it will come. Getting inspiration for each post doesn't necessarily get easier but you do get tuned it to looking for stuff to write about. Good luck. x

      Delete
  2. Interesting Pharmacy; this could become the subject for a regular posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be but I'm hoping that I don't have to spend much of my time in chemist shops soon! x

      Delete
  3. Ha Ha Green Lantern. Get it. Green lantern. Sheldon Cooper would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I didn't get it and had to look up Sheldon Cooper. Getting it now....belatedly. xx

      Delete