Sunday, 10 April 2016

More Of That Poetry Stuff That I Really Must Get Back To Not Liking!



My lovely friend Aril posted some some rather thought provoking poetry on her blog at Gnat Bottomed Towers yesterday.  So I thought that I'd follow her example.  Not the same poem sillies!  I'm not that much of a copycat.  I've found one all by myself to share.

These wonderful words are by Brandi R Lowry who publishes her work on Hello Poetry.  It speaks to me of both the books and the people who've already touched my life and those that have yet to do so.  I wish that I could write so eloquently.

5 comments:

  1. I like that it is not just a somber poem of remembrance but hope that new people will enter our lives and not replace, but fill some of the void.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit partial to a bit of hope myself! x

      Delete
  2. Hello there!!! Thank you for the lovely comment, so nice of you to come by! I love this poem- so heartfelt yet not at all soppy. I love the metaphor of comparing a friend to a book! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over too. Glad you're liking that metaphor. x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing my work. I'm so happy and humbled to read these comments, and thrilled that my words are felt so deeply. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete