Saturday, 16 April 2016

OMG I Am So In Love!!!!

Photo: Georgia in Dublin
...and not with one of those blokies from the dating site.  All is very quiet on that front.  An unfeasibly cute twenty nine year old was 'winking' at me yesterday. He came hot on the heels of a thirty two year old on Thursday. All this has stirred up is the urge to dole out lectures about getting over serious mummy fixations!

To be honest I can't really muster up any enthusiasm for the process.  'Let me see your selection for the day.' requested  Calamity Jane when I stayed at her house a couple of weeks ago.   I gave her a peep on the condition that she didn't press tabs on any profiles to take a closer look. After all I don't want to encourage any of them.   She was seriously underwhelmed  particularly by the 47 year old going on 77 whose profile name should have been Pinocchio and the bloke in his swimming gear with legs akimbo smoking a cigar.  We giggled quite a bit.  'And you're paying for this?!'   As I've heard say about Alaskan men.  The odds are good but the goods are odd'. Likewise here maybe.   I don't think I'll be renewing the membership even though it's given me and my mates a bloody good laugh.

No, at a time when I'm not supposed to be adding to my wardrobe I've fallen head over heels.  Salty Dog started it.  We went for a lovely moorland walk on Thursday but got completely drenched.  Somewhere between a lot of moving between houses and the motorhomes I've lost my waterproof trousers.  They were good Berghaus ones.  I mentioned my need to replace them and Salty Dog said she'd seen waterproof leggings.  She might have meant the  Kiwi Pro Stretch Lined Trousers that Craghoppers make. They're pretty slimline.  It got me thinking.  Is there such a thing as a waterproof skirt? There certainly is and I'm hopelessly in lust at a time when clothes buying is supposed to be off limits.

Photo:  Georgia in Dublin
Never in my life have I got quite so excited over raingear.  This are waterproofs from  Georgia in Dublin designed for riding both gee gees and bikes. Gorgeous as well as being stonkingly practical, they put pack a macs to shame.  As well as the skirt I'm very taken by the jackets that would not look out of place in a period drama. I'm rather taken by this red Dublette but maybe the sky blue Bronte with its clever recycled inner tube fastenings pips it.  I'd look sooo alluring on my bike in that getup and maybe I wouldn't need that bloody dating site!  That is when I get the gears to work properly.  I still haven't quite resolved the cycle/flatpack problems conclusively.

Sadly this isn't a sponsored post so I haven't been sent a lovely set of waterproofs to try out around the rain sodden lanes of Devon.   Even though their price seem remarkably reasonable (50 Euro for the skirt and 150-170 Euro for the jackets) I'm not flush at the moment. Something to do with kitting out a house I think.   I'll add them to my wishlist in case I get a windfall in the meantime.

9 comments:

  1. You know this is why I am beginning to love blogging, the info received on all manner of subjects is amazing. This rain gear is just what i'm after, all I need it to do is pack away to nothing and it's a done deal. Me and Lovejoy are travelling soon for an extended period just on hand luggage. I don't want to look like a bag lady so it's gonna be a challenge ( no hairdryer etc). I'm taking a good look at this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of service. I learn a lot from other people's blogs too and also get inspiration from them. x

      Delete
  2. What marvellous designs, I'd want to wear them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So would I. I'd feel as if I was out of a Victorian drama! x

      Delete
  3. I need, and I did say need, a rain cote with a big hood on it.If it is raining and windy, the way it blows between the parking lot and my office entrance makes it so that I am soaked walking from the car with just an umbrella. I had a really useful purple one, decades ago, and it just seems to have disappeared and can't find anything like it in a range I feel I can pay for. Good luck when you do decide to do an outlay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red jacket is decidedly ODD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fishtail bit unleashes to make a longer coat. Not odd but genius! x

      Delete
  5. Searching for the Best Dating Site? Create an account and find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete