Thursday, 7 April 2016

Pipping Golden Brown




I am prematurely excited.  In July, the Stranglers are headlining at Chagstock, the festival that is dearest to my heart. Hugh Cornwell is no more, having left the band way back in 1990 but our teenage pinup Jean Jacques  Burnel still plays the bass guitar.  Sigh!!!

It's hard to pick a favourite song from the band.  For its capacity to make the hairs on my neck stand on end, Golden Brown is up there.  But I think that this lesser hit may just have the edge.


7 comments:

  1. Good band, good song, good to hear they're still going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be interesting to see if they play old tunes or insist on showcasing newer material.

      Delete
  2. Oh how fab I just loved the stranglers. That festival looks good too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too big and very family friendly. x

      Delete
  3. Golden Brown sends a shiver down my spine.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes it will be my seventh Chagstock. x

      Delete