Wednesday, 27 April 2016

There's A Floor In There!

For months my spare room did my head in. There was a stage where even opening the door was  a bit of a feat.  I risked life, limb and especially ankles, going in there.  I reckon Diogenes would have given me give me a hearty, congratulatory pat on the back if he'd seen it back then. But no more!  It's spick and span and my old double bed has been reassembled. That took some doing I can tell you. Parts that had gone missing in a move needed sourcing and there were all sorts of  antics putting it together that involved Louis crawling into small hidey holes with Allen keys.  He was put under impoverished conditions that were not dissimilar to those of  Victorian chimney sweeps!

So finally, I've now got somewhere for my girlies to rest their weary heads when they've had a few sherbets.  Believe me, there's plenty of eager visitors that come calling when you live so near to the seaside.  It's a good job that I'm gregarious.  But I'm not in a position to show the whole room off.  The arrival of a wardrobe will coincide with the departure of a chaise longue in a month.  That's when I'll be ready to reveal my makeover from junk heap to comfortable lair for my visitors.

So here's a little taster of what's to come.  My nudie ladies that upset the sensibilities of my son have, for the first time in their existence, been properly framed and displayed somewhere where he doesn't have to look at them whilst eating  And just to counter the proper art there's another one of my mad walls in progress.  It's an ongoing project.  Like yesrterday's post it's a bit like a mosaic but with much more manageable sized tile.

I'd like to give instructions on how to put one of these together if you fancy doing it yourself but I haven't a clue how to guarantee that you'll get a result that you're happy with. It's really a matter of experimentation.  Probably it's not the best idea to troll on down to the nearest charity shop and raid the 50p box,  Let the walls  evolve with time and hang things you fall in love in rather than a whole load of random tat!



7 comments:

  1. I love those nude ladies I have a few nude sculptures which I love but cause the odd comment lol. I also love your mad walls and I'm thinking about starting my own. All of my house is painted white with plenty of wall space so I'm gonna pick a spot and have a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the original post that I did gave a link to the sticky disc holders that you can use to hang anything on the wall. Good luck. Glad you like the nudie girls. x

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of this wall-partocularly over the fireplace. The colors are vivid and am guessing each piece has a story. I have to remember to get a picture of my father-in-laws mad mask wall at the cabin. No ones a fan of it but it sure is a conversation starter-or a guest repellant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because a lot of the stuff has recently been sourced from charity shops many of the things don't have a story for me. But I like the fact that there are hidden tales associated with the objects that I don't know about. I also am pleased that it looks like my collection has some sense of heritage when, in fact, it doesn't. x

      Delete