Friday, 1 April 2016

What Does The 52nd Year Have In Store?



Happy Edible Book Day!  It's also the day that French people go around sticking fish on people's backs.  Here's the most famous 'Fool's Day' prank that the BBC have ever played.  An well known oldie but perfectly executed goodie.  Oh,  and I've just found out that on this date, sometime in the 17th century, crowds of Londoners were fooled into believing that they were congregating outside the Tower of London to see the lions washed.  I had a bit of a giggle imagining that.

It's my birthday too.  'How sweet!!' said a girl on a phone line the other day when I told her my birth date.  Bless!  I've never heard it described in those terms before. Apt is a more commonly used word. I can be a bit daft.

The 365 days after I turned fifty has been a notable one.  I crossed the pond for a special trip, finished my 'living in a van' experiment, moved into a beautiful house and fell in love with Brixham, my new seaside hometown.   But there's been cumulative stressors which took their toll. Suddenly cracking under the strain two months ago means that I've ended my 51st year on this planet poorly in an invisible way that it's been hard for me and those around me to fathom out.  I appear 'normal' most of the time yet the little routine tasks of life still seem so daunting.  And there's still those sleep problems to crack....

So I enter  my 52nd year on a road I never envisaged being on.  It's already taught me  lessons that I needed to learn and given me insights about myself and other people that wouldn't have been apparent if life were perfect and cosy.  Let's see where I end up on 1 April 2017.  Being a perky optimist at heart I'm pretty certain that, in spite of the current struggles,  it might well  be a good place!

13 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday! Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I hope you crack those sleeping problems shortly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Lovely Grey. I foresee continued adventures in your next year and you deserve to be strong, healthy, and happy for all of them. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah happy birthday I too have a birthday in April. You look about 30 on your pic tho. Hope you have a lovely day enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful video - does anyone in England actually speak in that oh-so-correct BBC way?
    Happy Birthday! And I hope the next year provides more pleasant learning opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the spaghetti - I remember it well! Have you had a blood test - I felt the same as you and it turned out I have a big lack of vitamin d and b12. once I took the extra strong tablets I felt so much better! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many Happy Returns, I wish you good health in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Lovely, Hope you had a great day
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Very Happy Birthday to you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you on this special day. My friend's daughter is 35 today and when my friend phoned her Mum all those years ago to say she was in labour a couple of weeks earlier than expected, her Mum said, " April Fool to you too" , and put the phone down!! All was well however and a little girl came into the world safely a few hours later. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the spaghetti harvest film well. Happy belated birthday. Cro x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all good wishes. I had a very lovely day with my family. x

    ReplyDelete