Monday, 16 May 2016

For the Love of a Good Motorhome

Here I am, peeping out of the window of Klaus the Knaus yesterday morning. Don't for goodness sake enlarge the photo. It will show that he's desperately in need of a  sudsy wash!  That will be rectified within the next couple of weeks.  There's a man at the storage facility who's agreed to get handy with a bucket and hose.  Klaus will look dapper when we pitch up in France at the end of the month.

'With possessions come responsibility'.  That's a favourite saying of mine.  Sometimes I've felt that the stress of Klaus' ownership might be too much now I've got a proper home to run. After all he's elderly and things go wrong.  It could be expensive.  I'm sure the fridge is only still working because I'm crossing all body parts.  There's also the fact that if we didn't have the van we might be tempted to travel further afield more often. But my weekend away, the first in over six months reiterated the love that I have for my  motorhome and all he represents.    He's staying.  Never has something that I've owned before brought me such joy!


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous he's a keeper I hope you have a great trip to France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we will. It's 99.9999999% guaranteed! x

      Delete
  2. I would love him too! I'm going to save up for one myself!! The HG wants one of those ones that hide a mini in the boot for driving off on days out from the camp site. Think I'll be saving for a long time! We'll need to buy a mini too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't - you just need to be selective where you park up so that you can walk to where you need to go or take bikes. x

      Delete
  3. I would like one, but I can't afford it. Even a small one is mega bucks. Hang on to him while you can and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to persuade my other half that we need a motorhome as we are both too creaky to contemplate holidays under canvas. We've just sold a static caravan (too boring being in one place all the time.) Also had a touring caravan once upon a time, but towing was stressful. A motorhome seems to be the way to go. Watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell him you need one. Everybody does! If I was Prime Minister I'd give one out to each household. How's that for a vote winner?! x

      Delete
  5. I'm happy knowing more adventures with Klaus will be retold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy them Sam x

      Delete