Saturday, 14 May 2016

Nearly Summer!

My beloved Klaus the Knaus has been sitting in his storage lot since October and  really  been rather melancholic. He had a little problem with ingress, a word meaning water leakage that fills motorhome owners with dread and horror.   The pitch where he stands is flat and the water that pooled on the roof in the torrential rain back in the autumn came in through air  vents in his skylights.  The problem was sorted by parking him on chucks so that he was inclined at an angle that allowed run off.  It was all very stressful.  I reckoned that it was about time I treated him to a change of scenery. So here we are just outside Dartmouth.

It's a little weekend away to road test Klaus before a French trip in a couple of weeks.  All is good. His MOT was passed and all internal systems are working well.  The water caused no more damage than a mouldy cushion.   All that's needed now is a jolly good spring clean inside and out.

I've  brought my girlies,  Salty Dog and Red Mel are along for the trip. They've kindly brought provisions. My fridge is like a moving off-licence!   I've had to scrounge ibuprofen this morning, Wine, cider and a shedload of cashew nuts really  do not make a sensible supper.  We'll  live and learn....or will we?!




We had a beautiful walk into town last night.  Dartmouth is part of my work patch but I don't have time to stop and stare very often.  It's lovely to have the change to linger.
Here's the real reason we're staying just six miles from my Brixham home.  There's bands and singers, lots of them!  And the best thing about the Dart Music Festival is that most of the acts can be seen for free in pubs,  public buildings, busking in the streets and on a big stage in the park by the waterfront.  Here's Tankus the Henge from last night. They were fab. If this is a predictor of the summer to come then 2016 is going to be a very good year indeed. 

12 comments:

  1. We thought we were getting summer, but it is not just chilly, but downright freezing this weekend. I am happy Klaus is getting some love and attention, and I am still marvelled that you can just camp country to country like we do with state parks. Find your self some good stomach absorbing foods today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is really good is that Klaus' base is only about ten miles from the ferry port at Plymouth. Easy access to mainland Europe! x

      Delete
  2. I didst not know you had a klaus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Every girl needs a hulking great metal home on wheels! xx

      Delete
  4. All bands should have a couple of big fat saxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I'm tempted to learn to play myself. I've bought my own reed for Louis'. x

      Delete
  5. We always used to visit Dartmouth when staying in the area years ago. We were usually near Salcombe. One time we met Simon Drew in his shop and my youngest son had just bought a soft toy guinea pig, and Simon said he must make a card/drawing about a guinea pig. I doubt he ever did. Love his work. Is there still an old bookshop halfway up the hill overlooking the estuary?…in an old chapel type place I seem to remember.My husband used to love going in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I'll investigate one weekend. I know where you mean though. x

      Delete
  6. PS The photo looks as if it was after the wine! Enjoy the rest of the weekend girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Dartmouth how fab to have a motor home I'm jealous lol. Me and lovejoy were thinking about buying one after we finished work but discussions seem to have fallen flat I may have to reinitiate. It's great to see a pic of Salty Dog and Red Mel.

    ReplyDelete