Friday, 20 May 2016

The Benefit of Bubbles

Bubble mix is a paltry but very fine investment indeed.   Poundland does a pack of nine for a quid.  Bargain!  I keep a pot  by my bed - as you do. Whenever the mood takes me  I let loose with the wand and a cascade of multi-coloured etheric spheres fall pleasingly.  Some even settle on the duvet and wait around for a while before surface tension finally gives up on them.

This is a beautiful way of relieving stress.  It's so joyous! There's something about the act of blowing and watching  bubbles that provides meditative focus, giving moments of respite from all the detritus that the world sometimes throws us.  And of course it makes that inner little boy or girlie very happy indeed.  

5 comments:

  1. My dog likes chasing bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I absolutely adore bubbles it's so wonderfully childlike. I have pots of them for my granddaughters, they run around screeching trying to pop them but I sometimes have a little go on my own. Not blown them in bed though must give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been a huge fan of bubble blowing, it never ceases to fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are a staple at Night Owls . It's because us adult leaders love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them too, I can never be without a pot or several. I wonder if we have Poundland here?

    ReplyDelete