Friday, 27 May 2016

Without Let or Hindrance

Tomorrow I'm off to France, nurturing the inner Romany who seems to command a stronger place in my genes than my more recent ancestry would suggest.  I think I've referred to my modern day gypsy caravan,  the wonderful Klaus the Knaus as my favourite possession ever.  He's certainly up there.  Before him I might have said that another travel related article,  my Osprey backpack with its removable top that turned into a bum bag  was top of the list. I bought that way back in 1997 when I was hiking the Appalachian Trail.  It's still serviceable today although I bet a bottom dollar or two that there are lighter versions available.  Pack weight was always a massive topic of conversation on that walk.

But having thought about it long and hard my passport has got to squeeze into top spot.  For it accompanies me wherever regardless of the mode of transport that I take to get to near and far flung places off our own shore.  I quite like this poshly phrased request that's just inside the front cover that  asks that I may be allowed to wander around this beautiful little planet of ours in peace!

13 comments:

  1. Passport and camera/phone for taking pictures and good walking shoes. I'm away for six weeks with just a carry on bag and I still have too much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your hols and hope Klaus is topped up to thebrim with fuel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have half a tank and it's enough. Hoping to fill up at the end of the week. All Grumpiness might be over by then xx

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely time. Are you going to Brittany again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes same spot as for last three years. Lou has special friends that he sees each time x

      Delete
  4. It's a nicely worded little opener; but don't rely on the 'protection' bit too much, especially if travelling in the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havey crystal of protection so would be okay there as well!!! x

      Delete
  5. Enjoy and be ready to regale us with wonderful tales.

    ReplyDelete