Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Ba(a)king

Lou's views on men and food are undoubtedly misogynistic.  He wholeheartedly believes that they make better chefs.  So he wasn't going to trust me with being his helper for his school bake off competition.  Oh no!  The services of Mr Metrosexual  were called on as he professes to know a thing or two about baking. 'My coffee cake is legendary, darling!' he boasted.  So I was relegated to stumping up the money for ingredients and washing up.

The recipe was loosely based on this Sainsbury's one.  However Mr Metrosexual had his  own stored up top for the cake mix and butter icing.  'Stir  this, weigh this, put this in there. Where's a wooden spoon?' Orders were barked at Louis thick and fast.  Finally after all the hustle and bustle Lou came up with these beauties.  Have you ever seen a flock of cupcakes before?  I have to say that they're not just style over substance.  They taste great too!

13 comments:

  1. They are fabulous! He should definitely win with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I made those last year for my class. When I woke up n went downstairs and opened the fridge, the silent sheep all staring at me creeped me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make some of these definitely!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cakes looks amazing. Hope Louis wins with them.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope he wins-I nearly the screen. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Is there a recipe online. I am wondering how he made the faces and the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow the Sainsbury's link. The faces were made of chocolate flavoured ready roll icing. These original eyes were done with a pen but overnight they got a bit blurry as they stuck to the cling film. In the end we used the sticky stuff left to pop on a white chocolate drop and then topped that with another bit of the chocolate ready roll x.

      Delete
  7. They remind me of Shawn the sheep-very cute. He gets an A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all positive comments. Lou doesn't know if he won but says that his sheep sold out first in the bake sale. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are just the cutest lambs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If he doesn't win, I'll eat some sheep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if he did. Will have to ask when I phone tonight. x

      Delete