Thursday, 16 June 2016

Brum, Brum Art

I said that I'd be writing about my course in Birmingham today but you're going to have to wait for that. I gleaned so much insight and information that I've got to make sense of.  It has important repercussions within my work with people with dementia and I want to 'show and tell' when I'm less addled.

Instead let me talk about a piece of art that I saw at the training venue. The Studio has to be the funkiest place where I've ever been sent to do any learning.  Go and have a little look at their gallery by following the link.   It may be that you city types are now  accustomed to this type of space for conferences, seminar and the like but down in deepest darkest Devon we've got nothing like it.  

A framed article on the wall grabbed my attention.  This bloke called Ian Bell has ditched brushes and instead paints using the tyres of remote controlled cars.  I think that this might be one of his works as it was hung nearby. Now it's not something that I'm going to tell Louis about anytime soon.  Can you imagine the mess?!  It also seems that it's a way of going about things that would make those shareholders in Duracell batteries very happy indeed.

5 comments:

  1. At first glance it looked like a pile of courgettes before I realised it was in fact a car! Just goes to show what I know. Interesting technique though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might retain more taking a class there than at a stuffy lecture hall. Love the brightness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous and a wonderful learning environment. xx

      Delete
  3. My first thought was WHY? Why would you want to paint a picture of a car with tyres on a remote control car. Bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonkers but I reckon it's fun doing it! x

      Delete