Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Carrot, Egg, Coffee Bean




Lou shared with  me this short cleverly produced clip from YouTube. All the drawing looks quite effortless but must have taken some time.   The moral of those story revealed at its very end provided one of those moments where  'easier said than done' came to mind.  At times of extreme stress it's hard to see ways just to snap out of situations and view them from a different perspective.  If it was as easy as all that I wouldn't have a job to go to in a  mental health team!

Maybe after my recent meltdown I'm more aware than I ever have been that we're all susceptible to our carrot and egg moments.  Thankfully my son thinks I'm in a coffee state of mind at the moment!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous little video! Thanks for sharing that. I try to be coffee, but sometimes end up more like an egg :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tendency for carrotdom! xx

      Delete
  2. As I watched that video, I wondered whether to be angry at its maker or cry. Your comments after it, though, are so refreshing. THANK YOU! As you put it, no, it's not that easy. In my situation at the moment, if anyone face to face told me to "be a XYZ coffee bean", I'd stick it up their unmentionables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that I hit the spot with you. There's nothing more unhelpful than being told to 'buck up' when all your mental reserves are completely spent anyway. Perhaps I know that more than ever now. Hope you are in a better way soon. And if anyone does try to be unhelpfully helpful maybe shoving it back up their unmentionables may make them think before doing it again. xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow-I knew I loved coffee for good reasons. Quite the analogy-I sometimes want nothing more than to curl up in a mushy ball and be left alone, and other times I get so frustrated, butter wouldn't melt in my mouth. But, coffee, is always a good state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the coffee analogy works for you Sam! x

      Delete
  4. I'm more carrotty than I care to admit! But quite often end up eggy!

    ReplyDelete