Friday, 24 June 2016

Crocs For A Wedding

The excitement is mounting!   At the end of next month I will be the proud owner of a gorgeous sister-in- law.  I've never had one of those before.  With the super special wedding in the offing I've been putting together an outfit that befits the sister of the groom.  It's all the more important now that  I look tip top as I've accepted the invitation to do a reading at the ceremony.  I'm not sure what it is yet but I thought that I could always substitute this sweet little Pam Ayres poem at the last moment if it's too bollocksy and arty!

You'll have to wait for the big day to see what I ensembled.  Needless to say I won't be fading into the background  But I thought I'd let you have a sneak preview of my shoes.  I gave my brother a minor heart attack yesterday by announcing on my Facebook page that 'My Crocs for your wedding have arrived!'  After all my trademark footwear since adolescence has been from the clumpy genre.  I am a bitter disappointment to Mama Lovelygrey who loves her high heels but they truly aren't not a good look on me.   In the absence of a finishing school education I end up walking like a pissed bloke in drag on a stag night.  And that's even before I've had a glass or two of vino.

Fear not little bro' for even though I am your embarrassing big sister I know a style faux-pas when I see one. So  I'm not about to turn up for your big day wearing a pair of the  holey clogs that are the signature look of this footwear brand.  I'm far too vain for that anyway.   No, instead I've gone for the Leigh II Graphic Wedge,  which are in the sale at the moment in Croc's UK online store.  They tick all the required comfort boxes but also look pretty dead funky.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! for Crocs their really nice. Looking forward to seeing the whole outfit.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very pretty…and you will have comfortable feet all day too. That will be a plus !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know weddings are about the bride and groom but I've never understood all the rules about what can cannot be warn. I sure hope my kids follow through with flip flops r barefoot on the beach weddings as they've both said the way they'd go if ever married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely. There was a lovely pre-wedding party on a beach in Brittany that Louis and I encountered on our travels. Simple seaside nuptials are the way to go. xx

      Delete
  4. Having just survived a MAJOR wedding last weekend, I can truly attest that yes, it's all about the shoes. Yours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All boxes ticked, style, comfort and they go with the rest of my outfit rather nicely. xx

      Delete
  5. I love that Pam ayres poem, we had it read out at our wedding, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's still around on Radio 4 at time and still makes me giggle. xx

      Delete