Thursday, 23 June 2016

Innie

With my pinko leftie credentials,  it will probably come as no surprise to my regular readers which box I'll be ticking on my voting slip  in today's  EU referendum.  In this part of Devon there's a sea of red posters urging voters to leave, literally! The trawlers down in the harbour are festooned with banners supporting an exit.  The little flier in my front window in favour of the Remain campaign looks very solitary indeed.   For personal and ideological reasons I would very much like our country to stay in Europe.

Yes the Brexit bunch are far more vocal. There was a bunch of them campaigning on the road into town yesterday as I was going home.  I read somewhere that one of the main reasons people gave for not choosing to remain was that they knew no-one else voting that way.  I'm aware that we're socially cohesive beasties but is our population really that sheep-like?  I hope not. Anyway just in case that I can sway a single person by offering my solidarity I'll spell it out.  I'm voting IN!

10 comments:

  1. Much more fun that a General Election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And much easier at the polling station. x

      Delete
  2. Frankly I'm sick of hearing about it on the news! Next we'll be subjected to predictions
    Then I told you so to which ever side are victorious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah don't listen to much news. Have a disco in the car insread. xx

      Delete
  3. It's the purple and yellow posters that I dislike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am voting IN too. I live in Norfolk so you don't see many REMAIN posters here, however, I went to Cambridge last week for the day and the REMAIN posters are everywhere, I felt relieved and more hopeful. Fingers crossed for today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fed up with all the 'We are all DOOOOOMMMMMED' and the politicians verbally poking each other in the eye. they should of had to have used the same set of REAL figures and let us the people decide not keep telling us, what we should think.

    Like when there was the vote in Scotland, no one could tell anyone what the frame work would look like after. How can you trust that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted, as I always do, but this time it didn't work. Bugger, I wonder what will happen now?

    Worst case - Boris as PM, Gove as some crap job that would suit him and then Trump as Pres? Dear gods, I am so glad to be old enough for it all not to matter too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Trump as president was preposterous and not going to happen. Not sure now. x

      Delete