Thursday, 30 June 2016

Leftovers on Leftovers

There seems to be something about my kitchen that make the men in my life want to take it over.   Not that I'm complaining.  Bring it on I say!   Think back to all that cupcake cooking by Louis and Mr Metrosexual last week.  Reiki Ray has turned up before, not just with his therapy table, but also with the ingredients for a quorn chilli.  And now Corn Pipe is the latest to shoo me away from my own hot stove.   He knocked up steak, veggies and a variant of dauphinoise potatoes. Thinly sliced spuds were layered in a dish with cream and oodles of garlic. The dish was topped with a smattering of diced bacon and grated mature cheddar.  Very good it was too.  I was particularly pleased to find leftovers of that in the fridge the next day snuggling up to the remains of a batch of my old staple, daily dal.  Both needed using up pronto.

So here's what I came up with yesterday.  I popped a layer of the dal in one of our lunch pots, added a handful of baby plum tomatoes and then topped it with some of those lovely garlicky potatoes.   All it needed was a blast from the microwave at work and hey presto a brand new meal! This all goes to prove that leftovers can be the dog's doo-dahs.  It was divine,  the best lunch I've had for ages!


4 comments:

  1. Leftovers ready for lunch the next day is my favorite. I am envious when I see coworkers heating up their home made and I have a cold sandwich, or M&M's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leftover Sunday dinner is my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete