Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Meant to Be Mad




Here's a rather quirky little video  that will send those who advocate the 'stiff upper lip' and  'pull yourself together' approaches to mental health care reeling.  It supports the assertion that my own recent 'episode of madness' which rendered me unfit for work for three months was ultimately a positive experience,  a healthy reaction  to the insanity of the expectations in modern life placed on us by ourselves and others.  What came out of the turmoil were insights that  perhaps could not have been afforded in any other way.  As a consequence  fixed beliefs about myself, others and the world have been overturned.  There is a real sense of transformation that seems self perpetuating.  As such I now view what happened in the earlier part of 2016 as rather a precious gift.

6 comments:

  1. Bloody marvellous. My period of madness has changed my life completely for the better although I didn't realise how wiped out I was until coming out the other end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear I'm not the only one xx

      Delete
  2. I shall not comment on this film…having said yesterday that I am sleeping better, I just had the worst night for a long time, and have finally woken up feeling cross and tired! I should know better than to "tempt fate". many years ago I was boasting that my little mini always started first time, even in the cold……guess what happened the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just seen a video about a 4-7-8 breathing technique that claims to help you sleep within a minute. xx

      Delete
  3. I applaud that you got the relief you needed and now are stronger than before. Some people just run and ignore causing greater pain in the end.I know.

    ReplyDelete