Saturday, 4 June 2016

Posh Bogs

There seem to be two types of holiday, the first voyages of discovery to explore the unknown. Then there's revisiting old haunts, reassuringly familiar places to unwind and relax.  For us, Le Ranolien, the campsite where we've stayed this week falls into the latter category.  I cannot recommend it enough.   High praise indeed from a woman who  normally prefers wilderness sites to all singing, dancing campgrounds We'll be coming back next year. When we arrived the receptionist, who by now recognises us, gave us a resume of the new facilities.  There's a new creperie where I had a great galette based on a doner kebab with lamb, onions, tomatoes and sauce.  A weird fusion of culture but it was yummy so worked.  She also indicated that the toilet block had been refurbished.

Blimey!  She wasn't joking!  Here they are photographed on the way back from last night's karaoke where my rendition of  George Ezra's 'Blame It On Me' was rated on the right side of passable. As you can see  it's really swanky in there, more installation than sanitary facility.  I'm loving those cacti. The only problem was that I was so dazzled by all the artistry I couldn't find the loo the first time around.  As I was desperate for a wee it induced a mild panic attack that made the situation even worse!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I thought it was an art exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I just looked at Le Ranolien website…it has certainly changed since we were there…a covered pool and all those slides etc just for starters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure beats the scummy floored bathroom facilities at every campground I ever stayed at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a loo!! It looks like an art gallery. I bet you didn't dare wee in there for fear of messing everything up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a pic when next I do a post of some fab loos on my little jaunt at the mo lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing art gallery slash ( snigger ) toilet!!!
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete