Monday, 27 June 2016

Talking About Trump

'I met a really sweet old lady on the bus today' said Louis after he'd got home from school this week.  I mentally considered what age constituted elderly in his eyes.  Fifty five maybe?

'And I decided she needed to know all about Donald Trump'.  Ye gods!  Those alarm bells started ringing.

'You didn't tell her  that he'd said that he'd like to sleep with his daughter did you?'  I asked tentatively.

Louis shook his head vehemently.  'Of course not!'. Then there was a pause....of the pregnant variety.  'Oh, okay, actually I did'.

A swathe of embarrassment came over me.  After all my son's voice isn't exactly on the quiet side. The whole bus must have been in stitches.

I finally mustered up the courage to speak again.  'What did she say?'

The answer was priceless.  'Well' said the 'old' lady.  'I'm so glad you've shared that.  Now that I know,  if I was American  I wouldn't vote for him!'.

6 comments:

  1. Might Louis come over here and ride about 50,000 more buses. I'm very afraid of November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So glad that Americans are with us on this one! x

      Delete
  3. Plenty of wisdom on busses these days.

    ReplyDelete