Thursday, 14 July 2016

Blogging Break

When I first started blogging  six years I set out to foster a daily habit and simultaneously conquer fears around subjecting my work to public scrutiny.  I've achieved both and so much more.   I even feel comfortable calling myself as a writer although I don't earn a penny from the activity.  After all it's not only our earning potential that defines us.   Connecting with others has turned out to be reward enough. Maybe financial gain would be detrimental.  Perhaps the absence of the need to generate pennies brings greater freedom.

Writing has taken on immense importance in my life and feels almost as mandatory now as brushing my teeth or hauling my kid's ass out of bed for school.  I have a voice where previously I doubted that I was allowed one.  I  post about the good times, share wonderful encounters and my potty thoughts. It's sustained me through life threatening illness, breakdown, break ups, bereavement and personal hardship.  

So it is with a heavy heart that I admit that I don't feel able to blog at the moment.   I have said before that I don't paint the whole picture in Blogland.  What is happening in my outside world is more overwhelming than anything I've ever experienced.  Normal life is on hold.  I'll resume it when I feel able.    Your kind support is always much appreciated.  I'll be back but I don't know if my return will be days, weeks or months away.   In the meantime I send peace and blessings.  Take good care of yourselves and those you love. 

28 comments:

  1. Look after and remember to be kind to yourself. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mental health is so importaint especially in times of turmoil, if you can,t look after you you can't look after anyone else!.

      Delete
  2. I shall miss your daily posts. They are always varied and enjoyable. I hope that whatever is weighing you down will soon lift. Love to you and Louis. If you should feel the need to offload anything to someone who can't gossip to anyone you know….you know my email! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear life is hard at the moment. I wish you the strength to endure. Love and blessings to you and Louis. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss your posts immensely but I do empathise with where you are at re blogging etc. I was always impressed by how you managed to post such great content every day I can't do it as much as I like to write life just gets in the way and I'm just not disciplined at the mo to prioritise it. I wish you and your little chap all good stuff and hope to see you back soon. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you take care of yourself - you and your family come first. Read you, whenever.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself, you will be missed and we will be here when you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. look after yourself and I look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Looking forward to when life is on an even keel again and you can resume your lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you and Louis can get back to normal life soon. I'm a fairly new reader and really enjoy your slightly mad and offbeat posts! I look forward to reading more when/if you feel able to blog again....in the meantime, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts and prayers are with you too. Take care of yourself and those you love; be kind to yourself and take the time you need to do what you must. We'll be happy to see you when you are happy and ready to return. God bless?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Selfishly thinking how much I will miss your daily posts and insights into your part of the world. Glad that you are using or not using the blog time to support what you need in life a the moment. Take care, friend, if I may be so assuming to call you such.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care, sending warm thoughts. You will be missed but please look after yourself and come back when you are ready x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sorry to hear this. Take care. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking after yourself is far more important that blogging. Take all the time needed before you return. Very best wishes, Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take care Julie.
    Us 2 in the North. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you feel better soon and take it easy and only do what you have too.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you feel better soon and take it easy and only do what you have too.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Take care of yourself and Louis. I've always enjoyed your very varied posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Life moves on, if you feel the need to change something then so be it. I will miss you, come back when you are ready. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take very good care of yourself. You will be missed. All good wishes to you and your Louis.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You do what's right for you. I hope we meet again in blogland however long or short a time that may be. MIZPAH. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  22. Will miss your daily, my thoughts are with you, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry that things have gotten out of hand again. Love your view of the world, your stories, Lewis etc. Be well and come back when you can. Will miss your blog but you are more important!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Take care of yourself and Louis first, everything else can wait. Be well soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hold on in there LG. I am thinking of youxx
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of good wishes and love winging their way to you. Looking forward to your return whenever that may be.
    Julie xx.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Saw Thursday's post. Sending you and yours much love xxx

    ReplyDelete