Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Essex Gospel




Here's Billy Bragg, a person with a strong Essex identity that firmly kicks  those TOWIE stereotypes into touch.  We are not all glow in the dark orange and designer gear obsessed.  I haven't been in a tanning salon in my life!    A rallying cry was needed yesterday so I was listening to this Youtube track in the car.  I particularly love the introductory spiel where Billy describes how this song came about.  The verse below spoke  to me the most.  It reminded me  that of the power that that can be  claimed  through acting with love in these hard, greed driven times.

Now the way the world is run
Too many people looking after number one
Don't seem to notice
The damage that they do.
No, it's not widely understood
There is, there is a greater good.
Do unto others as you would have them do to you,
Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

2 comments:

  1. So true. Where did it all go wrong?
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah but it can be fixed. I have immense hope! x

    ReplyDelete