Saturday, 2 July 2016

Jump!

I added to the repertoire of things that I no longer need a bloke for yesterday.  Of course, it's great if one's around when you need a bit of help.  The damsel in distress act is perfectly acceptable on those occasions.   But it's good to be able to do manly jobs with your own wee, fair hands.  In fact the accomplishment brings about one of the greatest feelings of satisfaction that I know.

So what was it that I mastered for the first time yesterday? Well, with the help of YouTube and my trusty Skoda manual I jump started Klaus the Knaus.  My poor motorhome's battery was as dead as a dodo when I arrived to take him off his storage pitch for a weekend of adventuring. Amazingly I managed the whole operation without passing 10,000 volts through my torso!


6 comments:

  1. Well done you ! I wouldn't have a clue where to put the leads. Hope that you also have the sun this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do. It looks like it will be a great day. May blog about it tomorrow! xx

      Delete
  2. Well done. I have done that before but scared me each time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you'd have a word with my wife, every time she speaks she says something like "We need a new xxx; when can you do it?". The idea of her actually doing something herself is unthinkable; but I don't really mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you guys like being useful. But getting on with stuff myself has become pretty essential from a single woman perspective. I'm planning my next 'manly' task as I speak. That one is pretty impressive. Watch this space! x

      Delete