Sunday, 31 July 2016

Stored To Memory: A Beautiful Day

Didn't I read somewhere a little while back that people miss out when their focus is on taking pictures rather than being in a special moment?  And so it was that I took very few photos at my brother's wedding yesterday.   It turned out to be a truly wonderful occasion, moving and joyful and maybe more memorable because I wasn't too bothered about capturing it in digital form.  For my mum though I've changed my Blogger profile picture to one of me and Lou taken before the wedding ceremony.  I must have overheard her telling people about a hundred times yesterday that she likes my hair now it's fluffier!

9 comments:

  1. It's a lovely picture of you and lou.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming to our wedding Julie. You did the reading beautifully and added a lot of life and laughs to the occasion.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh looks like this might be my new sister in law popping in. Thanks we had a great day. I need some decent photos to show off soon. xx

      Delete
  3. I've come late to read about your sad and happy occasions. I pray that you will find comfort and strength, and joy too, in the moving on of life. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FD. You kind wishes and prayers are appreciated. x

      Delete
  4. Your moms comment made me smile. Wonderful picture of you and your son.I'm glad the day was as special as your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mums are always right :o) Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about taking fewer pictures and being there and remembering. I also agree with your Mother. That is a lovely shot of you both. x

    ReplyDelete