Thursday, 4 August 2016

Lou's Ribs

It's team day with a shared lunch.   So I was up with the larks this morning cooking the luscious lemon drizzle cake from the Flora website .  With butter substituted for the well known spread, this has become the Lovelygrey household's signature cake. I told Mr Anonymous from Guyana my baking plans and his eyes lit up.  Work has been pretty stressful lately and it will be good to cheer him up with a bit of homemade confection.

I've directed you all to the recipe for the cake before but let's make this a cookery post shall we?  Look away now those of you who like precisely weighed out ingredients and meticulous instructions.  This isn't going to be one of those.

The other day I defrosted a pack of yellow sticker ribs from the freezer and asked Louis make us tea.  I gave him ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and smoked chilli powders, Worcester sauce, honey, rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar.   Then I told him to experiment. Ye gods!  What kind of a mother am I?  I did ask him to taste test his sauce as he went along which he judiciously did.  The covered ribs went into an 180 degree C oven for about forty minutes.  I supplied hash browns and microwaved peas.  The meal was a triumph and will never quite be repeated.

5 comments:

  1. Those ribs look delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I got the teenogre making spaghetti [except he'd eaten all the spaghetti so we had to use noodles!] bolognaise last night!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. Nothing like a bit of substitution. x

      Delete
  3. also - how else can anyone learn other than through experimenting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely I'm one for experimentation myself xx

      Delete