Sunday, 21 August 2016

Stones, Stones and More Stones

We came across these on the coast at Cameret-sur-Mer a couple of days ago. Cairn building gone mad!  Of course somewhere there is our own contribution to this natural art installation.

And there were more high on the cliff above our campsite.  Here's Louis adding his own little stone tower.  He had definitely come of age as a teenager.  Apparently I'm not allowed to tag him on Facebook as he does not want his friends to know that he spends time having fun with his mum.  Good job none of them read my blog then isn't it?

There! A 'boring walk' turned into a bit of an adventure.   Louis conquered four peaks at a secluded bay near Morgat.  It dawned on me the other day that what I love about the Breton coast is that it is like a combo of my two favourite places in Devon, Dartmoor and it's shoreline.  Perhaps that is why we're drawn back again and again.

It appears to that we're not the first people to mess about with rocks in these parts.  Here's the work of distant ancestors.  I was blessed to have this as the view from my motorhome bedroom window for a couple of nights.



5 comments:

  1. Yes it is a most beautiful coast. Has Louis started walking a few paces behind you yet? Probably not in Brittany as none of his pals there! My youngest went through a phase of doing that if he had to come with me to buy clothes etc. as a young teen. I am so envious of your trip…..I don't remember Cameret. Must look up where it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He won't let me anywhere near him at all if friends are around! x

      Delete
  2. It always fascinates me that the standing stones are done in straight lines rather than in circles like here. Do you partake of the cider?

    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lines as well in UK e.g. on Dartmoor. Silly question re: the cider. It's lush! xx

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that about the Dartmoor stones. I've seen them when they've been making up a processional walkway before but always good to learn something new.
      Arilx

      Delete