Saturday, 27 August 2016

The Best of Days: The Best of Places

This is Ster Greich, my favourite spot  in France to park my motorhome.  It's nothing fancy,  just an isolated little cove where I watch the tide come in and go way out, tying me in to the cycles of nature.  When I was last here two years ago  I finally made the decision to live in my motorhome.  Yesterday no big plans were formulated.  Now seems to be a time for watching and waiting. I drank a verre or two on the beach, picked litter and sloes and swam in the clear water.  Like my own version of Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day' maybe? When it comes down to it I'm quite a simple soul. This place never fails to inject a healthy dose of contentment.

6 comments:

  1. How perfectly lovely! We did think of you and Lou last time we volunteered at the univ. as we were there handing out caps and gowns when you two sailed through our town last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that Jan? It was a pity we had to sail past. xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. It looks like you had it all to yourself ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did to begin with but there was a total of seven vans by nightfall. I had a prime parking spot with a view though. xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's incredibly special. xx

    ReplyDelete