Tuesday, 2 August 2016

The Blousiest of Flowers

I returned to Devon yesterday. There's another trip out East next week for my sister's funeral but in the interim I'll relish being in the sanctuary of my own space.

The garden needs some attention so I'll spend some time out there sprucing it up. The stump of the eucalyptus tree that was felled last year is sprouting copiously. Apparently if I bang in a load of copper nails it will kill it without the need for dodgy poisons. So I'll give that a go.  And the bamboo that masks an ugly  back fence has run amok so needs a bit of a clip.

I've done no planting of my own since I moved here. Putting my own mark on my outside space will have to wait until I'm less busy.  I have vague ideas of growing herbs and stuff in containers and making a few wacky bits of artwork.  My gardening chores consist of tidying up what is already out there.  It's a bit dull at the moment.  However I was thrilled to discover, when I got home that one of the random bushes around the plot's edge has turned out to be an agapanthus.  It produces one of my favourite flowers and has livened it up outside a treat!

4 comments:

  1. We have got one flower from our agapanthus at the moment……though I would hardly describe it as a bush! Enjoy being at home again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it isn't quite a bush is it? I saw some lovely miniature ones on a patio as I was getting off the Dartmouth ferry yesterday. xx

      Delete
  2. It's always good to return home to just be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. There seems rather a lot to do though here! xx

      Delete