Sunday, 25 September 2016

A Bit Star Struck!

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to hobnob with the stars of the tiny screen at Bristol's M Shed at an exhibition about children's TV from 1946 to the present time.  I'd have recommended that you all should be hurrying  down to take a peek.  But rats!  It's the last day today.  That's a real pity because it was fascinating.   There will be some people out there who are green with envy because I got to see the original model of Tracy Island made by Anthea Turner on Blue Peter.

And I stood in the presence of the actual Major Clanger!  Not some enthusiastic fan's knitted replica.  He was the real thing. Being a child of the sixties it will come as no surprise that 'The Clangers' has to be my favourite kiddie programme of all time, a perfect visual and auditory treat that was shown just before bedtime when I was wee.  Forty odd years on I still find it aesthetically pleasing.  The episodes are stop-motion masterpieces with timeless charm.

I reckon it's a perfect  excuse to share an episode   Here's the one that they were showing at the exhibition.  It's where an astronaut with a remarkable similarity to Action Man comes to the Clanger's planet to collect rock samples. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. That brought back memories.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. Would be good if it was. xx

      Delete
  3. I used to watch that with my daughter, I think I liked it more than she did. How lucky you were to see the actual Major Clanger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best and timeless as I've said. Louis loves them. xx

      Delete