Thursday, 15 September 2016

Beaker

It's a good job that I'm quite thick skinned because sometimes it seems that the friends and family in my lives have had frontal lobotomies.  They say some outrageous things.  I popped round one day  to see my friend, Corn Pipe, for a cuppa.  'Ah Beaker!' he said, half muttering to himself.

 'What do you mean?' I asked.

 'Well, sometimes you pull a face that's just like Beaker'

'What? From the Muppets?'

'Yes' he replied.

'Thanks a bunch, mate!'

He tried to reassure me.  'No, don't worry it's really cute!'.



I ran the idea past Louis.  After all I can expect honesty there.  He says it as it is as well..  He shook his head vehemently.  'Nah, you can't possibly look like him'.  I was relieved but then he went on.  'Beaker is like a pencil and you're a bit fat!'.

And there was I thinking that I looked pretty passable,   I decided that my Beaker Face was  a figment of Corn Pipe's imagination.  After all, hasn't he been saying for some time that he needs glasses?  Then one day I was in the bathroom of my motorhome and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  Yikes!  I was transformed back to Saturday evenings as a child watching TV with my family. There were two grumpy old blokes in a balcony and yep, there he was, the trusty assistant of Dr Honeydew.

So now with practice I can do my Beaker face on demand.  It's not a bad impression although I won't be dying my hair red anytime soon to refine the likeness further.  It makes my work colleagues laugh.  I hope that my self deprecation brings some of you guys a smile as well.

8 comments:

  1. You can join my gurning club if you like....generally I look like a gargoyle in most photos!!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Halloween Costume idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I thought is how fab your hair is I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you. I'm quite pleased with it at the moment. x

      Delete
  4. I am too old to remember the Muppets.

    I like your hair like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So does my Mum like it. She remembers the Muppets though as we used to watch them together as a family.xx

      Delete