....It's not going to happen is it? Has anyone ever tried following one of my randomly cobbled together recipes. Here's my own version of Chocolate Fondue and Toasted Marshmallow, bastardised from the BBC's Good Food magazine.
1. Day 1: Buy ingredients that aren't already in the fridge. This included a sodding great bar of milk chocolate and not the dark stuff stipulated by the recipe. Snooty gourmets would
consider Louis a bit of a pleb. Anything with a cocoa content of more than about forty percent isn't edible as far as he's concerned. Ignore the instructions about using unsalted butter if you like as well. The salty stuff is fine.
2. Plan to make fondue the same evening but in the afternoon the kid and I had a severe attack of the munchies, couldn't be arsed to cook and scoff the lot. Oops!
3. Day 2: Cycle out to buy more chocolate - late in the day, just before fondue making session to avoid repeat of 2 above.
4. After proving recently that fonduing can indeed pass without major incident we plucked up the courage to repeat this cooking method back inside the motorhome. Just a tiny dribble of methylated spirits in the burner and we were off! Easy peasy. Only the occasional stir needed. And voila! A bubbling pot of chocolatey naughtiness. Phew! No flames all over table this time!
5. Just to keep the fire service on their toes allow a thirteen year old to toast marshmallows over the gas ring in a motorhome. What could possibly go wrong?
Strawberries were a nice addition to the original recipe.
In spite of our attempts to be moderate there was loads left over. The remains were popped in the fridge and then warmed up for a repeat performance the next day.