Thursday, 22 September 2016

Gunk!

I've started the day this morning washing the rather funky metal drying rack  in my kitchen.  Sometimes the glamourous nature of my life overwhelms me.  It's a job that always pisses me off. There are little nooks and crannies where gunk sticks and it's so difficult to get out even with a toothbrush.   Why do designers make things with parts that are so difficult to clean properly? I've had quite a few in the past.  Fridges seem particular culprits.

And another thing whilst I'm on the subject of cleaning.   I hate the expression 'It doesn't show the dirt' that's typically applied to items that are covered in disgusting swirly textiles.  If something is filthy I want to know about it and get scrubbing.  Just because the muck is hidden it hasn't gone away.

There!  I've said my piece.  I realise that I've come across as quite a grumpy mare this morning.  Don't worry.  Now I've got my little rant out of my system I'm actually quite a happy bunny!

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you! Inaccessible crevices are a pain (I am having to resist a snigger at the potential for double entendre).
    As for swirly patterns.... I presently commute on the London tube - not sure whether to be grateful for swirly patterns on seats or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with a good double entendre. Snigger! xx

      Delete
  2. I appreciated the not show the dirt patterns when my kids were little. I always had some hand or finger dirt on my skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's not so bad. Patterned clothes are great like that but they get regularly washed. xx

      Delete
  3. Agree about the muck. I've had several...well loads...(I'm 68.) Of different types of dish drainers. Gunk is what I call sandwiches or cakes with too much filling. Yuk. I scrape it on and scrape it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plastic ones can be put through the dishwasher and that does the trick. It wouldn't work for this one. xx

      Delete
  4. Toothpicks or teaspoon handles can help. I agree it's a grotty job.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips expert cleaning lady! xx

      Delete