Friday, 30 September 2016

Look Down

My Slamma  is in the post, in the good hands of the Royal Mail.  Let's have a printing post to celebrate shall we?

I've featured something from the very inspirational Colossal website before.  It makes me want to give up work and just go out there creating stuff.  Alas!  I have mouths to feed and a roof to keep over our head so that's doesn't seem feasible anytime soon.  But I can dream!

Here's a brilliant idea from Berlin artist Raubdruckerin.  It's means 'pirate printer'.  Sometimes I wish I'd learned German as it's a language with such wonderfully descriptive words.  Some of our street furniture, for that is what all those manhole covers, hydrants, and drainage devices are called, are rather beautiful.  Little bits of history that perhaps deserve more of our attention.  Even if I don't get a chance to go out and take prints from them, at least I can be more appreciative and look down.  I'm off for a run in a moment.  I'll see what I can discover on the pavements that I trot around.

9 comments:

  1. I saw this printing a few weeks ago and have been staring at street ironwork ever since. Is it legal or do you need permission to print someone's drain cover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be perfectly okay as long as you cleared up afterwards. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh no, now you've given me a new site to explore, will I ever get off this computer???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now when I wrote this post I thought of you! xx

      Delete
  3. You introduced me to " Colossal" a while ago, and I look at it most days. What amazing things from the art world they find. It was the elephants sculpted from a pencil lead that you first commented on I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those elephants and there's plenty more stuff that I've been inspired by. It's a great site. xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The knee is good. My sensible running regime is helping it! xx

      Delete