Thursday, 1 September 2016

Up!


Darling people, you do not know the lengths that I've gone to this morning to provide you with a pictorial post.  Honestly Internet access around here is shocking even when you've paid for it. Anyway after considerable angst I've finally found a way of transferring pictures between my phone and laptop.  So behold I bring you pictures from our trip to the Phare d'Eckmuhl, just a wee stone's throw from here.   Well, actually I exaggerate.  You'd have to be bloody good at hurling pebbles but anyway it's not far by bike.   According to Wikipedia it's stands at 65 metres and is the 11th tallest lighthouse.  It's a bit of a curly wurly jaunt up to the top.


We huffed and puffed our way up all 307 steps.  So that we didn't look at all wimpy we pretended that we were stopping at the windows just to look at the views!


I'm quite proud of this shot. Ansel Adams eat your heart out.  Just a little one degree tweak on the editor and I think it's pretty darn lovely.


What comes up must indeed come down.  Louis is a little scared of heights.  He said that the descent is worse.


Another one of the lighthouses on the site houses exhibitions.  I bought a poster like this one. A bargain at two Euros.  Just the souvenir for a seaside home.


And my attempts at Franglais with emphasis on the French is paying dividends.  The lovely lady in the gift shop showed us how to make origami stars and gave us one each.  Here's Louis' and a YouTube link in case you want to have a go yourself!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I do the "oh I'm just appreciating this view" rest on hikes all the time. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is essential to 'appreciate the view' I find. Saw almost the same image for sale of the curly lighthouse interior as an art print in a shop today! xx

      Delete
  2. I would never have managed all those steps especially as I am a little queasy so high up. Well done to you both. Love the little stars. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the little stars would be lovely in some patterned paper - or even newsprint. xx

      Delete
  3. I went up the many stairs of Warwick Castle years ago. The person behind me was so impatient and was hurrying me along, no time for a rest. I burst into tears when we got to the top and could hardly breathe! I have asthma, I should have told the person to bloody wait, I would now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may have been an appropriate response! xx

      Delete