Wednesday, 14 September 2016

What a Picture!

It's been over a year since I moved to Brixham.  When I take the short walk down to the harbour, the views out to sea make my little heart sing. I still can't quite believe my luck that I live in such a beautiful place.

I was never a avid photographer. 'And you ain't one now!' I almost can hear some of you scream.  'Have you look back at some of the blurry ill-composed stuff you've posted in the past?'  Fair dues.  I never got accustomed to hauling around an SLR camera and all the related gubbins.  I tried for a while to get the bug but I couldn't remember to take the blooming thing with me.  Even if I did, once I'd got it out of its case and worked out the exposure and focus I'd have missed the moment.  Such a pfaff.  But since mobile phones have had half decent lenses I've become an avid snapper.  They're a breeze to carry and it's so easy to point, shoot  and create a rather pleasing record of life  And in amongst all those wonky images  I'll occasionally produce something that's more than halfway decent.

I'm very taken by this shot from yesterday.   We were  making the most of the last of these summer evenings and had popped out to bagsie one of those rhinos on the other side of town.  I  looked out over the marina and was struck by the quality of light and how it intensified the colours of everything around us.  This picture hasn't been retouched in any way.   Honest!  All rights re: that copyright stuff reserved!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I am quite envious. I laugh-still trying to get the photo bug myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep at it. When I had classes a large part of getting good shots was taking lots of pictures. It was hard in those days to do that. Photographic film was so expensive. xx

      Delete
  2. That pic is beautiful but not to rain on your parade you would have to be pointing the camera in the other direction not to get a great pic of that view lol. I do love Brixham and you are indeed lucky to live there. I've actually started using my DSLR because my phone was swamped by a freak wave so no camera however I don't see any great improvement in my pics but I know I'm not using it to its full potential. Camera phones are fab for people like me and you it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it wasn't difficult to take a beautiful photo. The light in the morning and evening is fantastic at the moment. xx

      Delete